After a win over San Diego Sunday night, the Bonnies quickly turn around and play Florida Atlantic for the Boca Beach Classic Hall of Fame Bracket championship Monday evening on FAU's home court.
St. Bonaventure sophomore Osun Osunniyi earned a spot on this week's A-10 Honor Roll after back-to-back double-doubles in two wins last week. For the week he averaged 15 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks.
- As part of St. Bonaventure's ascension as a national brand under head coach Mark Schmidt over the past decade, more and more invites to holiday tournaments have come along.
- Last year, the Bonnies made the trip to the Cayman Islands Classic. Fighting through several injuries and a depleted roster, St. Bonaventure went 0-3.
- The Bonnies went 1-1 in the Emerald Coast Classic in Destin, Fla. two seasons ago, defeating Maryland before dropping a contest to TCU.
- In 2016, it was a trip to Austin, Texas for the Lone Star Showcase where the Bonnies went 2-1, defeating Pepperdine and Central Arkansas after a setback vs. Arkansas-Little Rock.
There is no TV coverage of the event. To watch online, fans can subscribe to the Conference USA webstreaming platform. To subscribe, click here and hit "sign up." Then choose either a 24-hour pass or monthly option, fill out account information and activate an account. Boca Beach Classic game will be the title of the event on the day of the game. The games will be carried through the Bonnies Basketball Radio Network and can be accessed online by clicking here.
Pre and postgame receptions at Miller's Ale House, 1200 Yamato Rd., Boca Raton. To register for free, click here.
- The Owls were picked to finish ninth in the Conference USA in a poll of the league's head coaches.
- Junior forward Jailyn Ingram was named to the preseason All-Conference USA squad. Ingram averaged 18.9 points and 8.2 rebounds last year, both team highs, before suffering a season-ending injury in the Owls' 10th game of the season. He also recorded five double-doubles in those 10 games.
- Last season, first-year head coach Dusty May led the Owls to a 17-16 record, their first winning season since 2010-11. FAU fell to Louisiana Tech in the first round of the C-USA Tournament and lost to Charleston Southern in the first round of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
- FAU is an undefeated 4-0 on its home court this year and 0-3 away from home. FAU has won two games this week on home court, first defeating Holy Cross on Friday, 87-69, then holding on for a thrilling, 71-70, win over UIC in the first round of the Boca Beach Classic Sunday night.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get men's basketball updates @BonniesMBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.