ST. BONAVENTURE at RHODE ISLAND
Thursday – Saturday, May 17-19
The St. Bonaventure baseball team finishes up the 2018 season with the final Atlantic 10 series of the year, traveling to Rhode Island this weekend.
The first game is set for Thursday afternoon at 2 p.m. Rain is in the forecast later in the week, and though Friday and Saturday's games are still scheduled for 1 p.m. and noon respectively, there is a possibility of playing a doubleheader on Friday at 11 a.m. An official decision on the final two games of the series will be made Thursday evening.
- Mike Magnanti, who has played in left field and served as the DH in the past week after spending the majority of the season at second base, continues to lead the team with a .324 batting average and ranks fourth in the Atlantic 10 with a .433 on-base percentage.
- Ryan MacCarrick has a team-high 48 hits this season while sporting a .316 batting average.
- MacCarrick is the only player to start all 40 games this season.
- Ryan O'Connor is hitting .294 (5-for-17) with a pair of walks and two RBIs since being inserted at shortstop last week.
- One bad inning led to an uncharacteristically rough outing for starter Casey Vincent Monday at Penn State. He's 3-0 with a 2.13 ERA in four Atlantic 10 starts this season.
- Brandon Schlimm enters the weekend seventh in program history with 191 career strikeouts, six away from Jim Britton's 197 between 2006-09. His 267 innings pitched are also just behind Britton's 270.1 for third all-time in Bonnies history.
- Brian Pulli posted career highs in innings pitched (6.0) and strikeouts (seven) last Friday vs. league-leading Saint Louis.
- Jeff Palczewski is hitting a team-best .368 (14-for-38) with runners in scoring position.
ABOUT RHODE ISLAND
The Rams come into the final series of the year red hot, knocking off nationally-ranked UConn earlier in the week, 4-3. Rhode Island has won 14 of its past 15 games after starting the season 1-9 in Atlantic 10 play. This weekend's series will be crucial for the Rams – due to their slow start, the sit at 11-10 overall in conference play battling for the seventh and final A-10 Tournament spot. George Washington is currently seventh at 12-9. The Rams have a .232 team batting average with just one player hitting above .300 – Jackson Coutts, who checks in at .315. URI's strength is on the mound – all three conference starters have ERAs under 3.20 with Taso Stathopoulos in at 2.06 and Matt Murphy at 2.47. As a team, the Rams have a strong 3.67 staff ERA.
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get baseball updates @BonniesBaseball. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.