ST. BONAVENTURE (24-16) at DELAWARE STATE (19-22)
Friday, May 12 – 12 p.m. (doubleheader)
Online Coverage – Live Stats
The St. Bonaventure baseball team will head to Delaware State for a non-conference doubleheader Friday, serving as its lone action of the week. The Bonnies will look to continue their strong play as they've won six of their last seven games.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK X2
Third baseman David Hollins was named the Atlantic 10 Player of the Week for the second time this season. The Orchard Park, N.Y. native homered in all three of the Bonnies games this week, and now has six on the year, the most of any Bonnie since the 2010 season.
ONE YEAR, ONE RECORD
It has taken Donovan Moffat one season with the Bonnies to etch his name in the program record book. Well, 26 games to be exact. The freshman has taken the mound 26 times this season, the most appearances in a single season in program history. Moffat has thrown 25 innings this season with 12 strikeouts and a team-leading four saves.
DEFENSE WINS GAMES
St. Bonaventure has fielded one of the top defenses in the conference this season. With a team fielding percentage of .975, the Bona defense ranks second in the Atlantic 10. Regular starters Taishi Terashima and T.J. Baker both boast perfect fielding percentages so far this season, with Ryan MacCarrick (.985), Aaron Phillips (.977) and Tommy LaCongo (.976) also holding down their defensive positions at an elite level.
ABOUT DELAWARE STATE
- The Delaware State Hornets are coming off a three-game series against Coppin State win which they took the first two games but fell in extra innings in the finale.
- When hosting at their home facility of Soldier Field, the Hornets are 9-7.
- Evan Regez leads the team with a .333 batting average. His 48 hits and 29 runs scored are also team highs.
- The run production in the Hornets' lineup comes from Ciaran Devenney, who leads the team with 29 RBIs and four homers. He is the lone Hornet to start and appear in all 41 games this season.
- On the mound, Lane DeLeon and Sean McGrath have made 11 appearances each, both earning four wins. DeLeon leads the staff with 51 strikeouts and a 2.64 ERA. Garrett Lawson has made 11 starts and a relief appearance and leads the team with five wins and 67.2 innings pitched.
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get baseball updates @BonniesBaseball. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.