ST. BONAVENTURE (18-16-1, 4-8 A-10) vs. LA SALLE (12-30, 3-9)
Friday – Saturday, April 29-30
Fred Handler Park at McGraw-Jennings Field
NOTE: Friday's game has been moved to a 1:00 p.m. start time due to rain in the forecast later in the day.
FRIDAY (1:00 p.m.) – RHP Connor Grey (2-4, 2.78) vs. RHP Joey Ravert (3-4, 5.50) LIVE STATS | Radio: WHDL 1450
SATURDAY (12:00 p.m.) – RHP Brandon Schlimm (4-4, 2.37) vs. RHP Jordan Meyer (2-5, 5.15) LIVE STATS | Radio: WHDL 1450
SATURDAY (2:30 p.m) – RHP Reid Van Woert (3-2, 2.27) vs. LHP Luke Reilly (0-4, 3.57) LIVE STATS
After two weekends away from home, the Bonnies return to Fred Handler Park at McGraw-Jennings Field for the first time since April 10. The Bonnies won a non-conference midweek game at Buffalo on Wednesday, 6-1, and will now seek to rise in the Atlantic 10 standings against La Salle. The Explorers took two of three in last year's series in Philadelphia.
- As they have all year, the Bonnies continue to lead the Atlantic 10 in pitching staff ERA and also rank seventh in the nation with a mark of 2.66. The next lowest is VCU at 3.91.
- The highest ERA on the staff is 4.05. Seven pitchers have an ERA of 3.00 or lower.
- Sophomore Cole Peterson has been on a hot streak of late, hitting .341 with nine RBIs in his last 10 games.
- The Bonnies are batting .251 as a team on the year. Senior Tyler Walter leads the way at .345 while junior Taishi Terashima checks in at .306.
- Bona is 5-2-1 at home this year, but this will just be the second Atlantic 10 home series of the season. The Bonnies took two of three games from UMass at Fred Handler Park earlier in the month.
- Junior David Vaccaro leads Bona with three triples this year – two of them came in Wednesday's win at Buffalo.
- Senior Connor Grey leads the team in strikeouts with 56 in 64.2 innings pitched. That total ranks fourth in the Atlantic 10.
- One more save from senior Thad Johnson will set the program's all-time record. He currently is tied with Brian Pellegrini (16).
ABOUT LA SALLE
- The Explorers rank 13th in the Atlantic 10 in batting average (.213) and 12th in team ERA (5.69).
- Infielder Collin McGowan ranks in a tie for sixth this year among all A-10 players with 12 doubles.
- Outfielder Drew Jarmuz has four triples on the year, only one A-10 player has more.
- Friday starter Joey Ravert is tied for seventh in the Atlantic 10 with 53 strikeouts on the year.
- Saturday starter Jordan Meyer tossed a complete game shutout (seven innings) vs. Saint Peter's on March 19.
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get baseball updates @BonniesBaseball. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.