ST. BONAVENTURE (14-11-1, 2-4 A-10) at DAYTON (11-22, 3-6)
Friday – Sunday
Dayton, Ohio (Woerner Field)
- Dayton ranks 11th in the Atlantic 10 in batting average, hitting .242 on the year. Robbie Doring leads the team with a .328 batting average and ranks third in the A-10 with eight home runs. Nick Ryan checks in with seven extra-base hits and 15 RBI.
- The Flyers stand ninth in the A-10 with a 4.74 team ERA. Saturday's probable starter Zach Beaver has 31 strikeouts while Sunday's probable starter Austin Cline is this week's Atlantic 10 Co-Rookie of the Week.
- Dayton played a midweek games vs. Ohio (L, 10-4) and at Bowling Green (W, 13-2).
- The Flyers were swept by Saint Louis at home to begin A-10 play before dropping two of three at VCU. Dayton bounced back with a series win by taking two of three at George Mason last weekend.
BONA NEWS AND NOTES
- St. Bonaventure has not played since this past weekend, taking two of three from UMass for its first A-10 victories of the year.
- The Bonnies lead the A-10 in team ERA (2.35) and rank fourth in the nation. Four Bonnies stand in the A-10's top 10 lowest ERAs – Aaron Phillips (1.49, first); Reid Van Woert (1.61, second); Drew Teller (1.98, fifth); Brandon Schlimm (2.51, seventh). Schlimm also is second among the league's top 10 ERAs in innings pitched at 46.2.
- Tyler Walter stands fifth in the A-10 in batting average at .354. Taishi Terashima is 10th at .343.
- Only one A-10 batter has been tougher to strikeout than Terashima this season (one strikeout per 17.5 at-bats) – VCU's Jimmy Kerrigan (1/18.4 ABs).
- Bona and Dayton have not faced off since taking two of three on the road in 2014.
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get baseball updates @BonniesBaseball. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.