ST. BONAVENTURE (11-10-1) vs. BUCKNELL (12-17)
Wednesday, April 6 - 3:30 p.m.
Fred Handler Park at McGraw-Jennings Field
Live Stats - Click Here
- Bucknell opened Patriot League play by winning three of its first four league games vs. Lehigh, going 1-1 on Saturday with a 7-5 win and 10-1 loss before earning a Sunday doubleheader sweep with an 11-2 win and 4-3 victory.
- Junior outfielder Brett Smith went 7-for-15 last weekend vs. Lehigh.
- The Bison have scored at least four runs in seven of their last nine games. Six different players have 10 or more RBIs.
- Freshmen Jeff Gottesman and Jack Grabeck have each earned Patriot League Rookie of the Week honors.
- Bucknell was picked to finish fourth in the Patriot League preseason Poll.
- St. Bonaventure ranks third in the nation and leads the Atlantic 10 in team ERA this season at 2.26. Only Southeastern Louisiana (2.15) and Louisville (2.23) have lower staff ERAs.
- Senior Drew Teller leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks 13th in the nation with a 0.98 season ERA. Sophomore Aaron Phillips is second in the A-10 at 1.14 and ranks 17th in the country. Phillips had the longest scoreless inning streak of any starter in the nation, throwing 29 innings before allowing an earned run.
- Senior Tyler Walter paces the offense with a .371 batting average and 17 RBIs.
- Junior Taishi Terashima leads the Bonnies with 10 multi-hit games thus far, including in each of his last three contests (7-for-12).
- The Bonnies are 21-9 all-time vs. Bucknell in a series that dates back to 1913. The two teams split a pair of games in Lewisburg, Pa. with the Bonnies winning game one, 6-3, before falling in 10 innings, 4-3.
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get baseball updates @BonniesBaseball. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.