ST. BONAVENTURE (9-5-1) at VCU (13-7)
Friday - Sunday
The Diamond (Richmond, Va.)
Live Stats - Click Here
Friday (6:30 p.m.) - RHP Connor Grey (2-1, 2.30) vs. RHP Sean Thompson (4-0, 3.10)
Saturday (2:00 p.m.) - RHP Brandon Schlimm (2-2, 2.55) vs. LHP Brooks Vial (3-1, 4.08)
Sunday (1:00 p.m.) - RHP Aaron Phillips (2-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Michael Dailey (1-1, 1.54)
The Bonnies open Atlantic 10 action with a three-game series at VCU this weekend. St. Bonaventure will look to get back on the winning track after a 9-2 start to the year, but an 0-2-1 last three games. Bona will be tested right off the bat in conference play by making the trip to play the defending A-10 champion Rams.
- VCU was picked second in the preseason A-10 Coaches Poll after winning the conference championship last year.
- The Rams returned eight position starters from last year's team and six pitchers, bringing back 20 total letterwinners.
- VCU ranks eighth in the Atlantic 10 in batting average (.252) and sixth in team ERA (4.95). When on the basepaths, the Rams are dangerous - with 30 stolen bases, VCU ranks second in the conference.
- Jimmy Kerrigan leads the team with a .373 batting average including a team-high nine doubles. His 13 RBIs entering the week also led the team, ahead of Cody Acker's 12. Walker Haymer entered the week hitting just .162, but also with 12 RBIs.
- Sean Thompson's 24 strikeouts lead the pitching staff.
BONNIES NEWS AND NOTES
- St. Bona continues to lead the nation in team ERA at 1.86. No other Division I team is below 2.00 - Michigan State (2.15), Cal State Fullerton (2.18), Stanford (2.18) and South Carolina (2.25) round out the top five.
- Sophomore Aaron Phillips has tossed 23.2 scoreless innings to begin the season.
- Leadoff man Taishi Terashima went 5-for-7 on Tuesday vs. Niagara, bumping his batting average to .361 on the year.
- Senior Tyler Walter's 13 RBIs lead the team.
- Senior Ted Dilts is the only Bonnie with multiple home runs (2) and leads the team with a .571 slugging percentage. His .371 batting average ranks sixth in the A-10.
- Senior Drew Teller has 18 strikeouts in his last 13.2 innings pitched.
The Bonnies return home to Fred Handler Park at McGraw-Jennings Field for a Tuesday doubleheader with local rival Buffalo beginning at 2 p.m.
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get baseball updates @BonniesBaseball. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.