Final Score: Fordham 8 – St. Bonaventure 1
Location: Houlihan Park | Bronx, N.Y.
Records: St. Bonaventure 14-22-2, 2-15 A-10 | Fordham 19-25, 11-6 A-10
St. Bonaventure Starters: Cole Peterson (SS), Thad Johnson (3B), Ted Dilts (DH), Tyler Bell(CF), Tyler Walter (1B), Dylan Dunn (C), Bret Heath (RF), Randy Delanoy (2B), (LF),Aaron Phillips (RF), Steven Klimek (P)
The Short Story:
The Fordham Rams started fast and never looked back Saturday afternoon taking game two of the Atlantic 10 contest 8-1 over the Bonnies.
St. Bonaventure opened the scoring in the first, Cole Peterson scored from second on a pass ball that the Fordham catcher had trouble locating. The Lead would be short-lived, the Rams answered back with a five run bottom of the first inning highlighted by a grand slam from their cleanup hitter Charles Galiano.
How It Happened:
- St. Bonaventure opened the scoring in the top of the first. Cole Peterson led off with a single and stole second. The freshman came around to score when a pass ball wasn't able to be located by the Rams catcher.
- Fordham answered quickly in the bottom half of the inning with five runs. Back-to-back homeruns accounted for all five runs with the first one being a grand slam.
- The homerun derby continued in the fourth when Charles Galiano connected for his second homerun of the afternoon to extend the Fordham lead to 8-1.
- The pitching duo of Drew Teller and Ben Contento held the Rams scoreless over the final four innings.
- Offensively St. Bonaventure was led by Ted Dilts who went 2-4 on the afternoon including a double.
The Bonnies and Rams will wrap up their Atlantic 10 conference series Sunday afternoon May 3. First pitch is scheduled for 12 pm.