- FEATURE STORY: Bonnies Student-Athletes Are Building The Foundation For Success
- 190 St. Bonaventure Student-Athletes Earn Atlantic 10 Commissioner's Honor Roll Status for 2017-18 Academic Year
St. Bonaventure student-athletes have earned an incredible amount of success in the classroom over the past decade. By percentage, St. Bonaventure student-athletes are among the most successful in the Atlantic 10 and continue to replicate that success semester after semester.
The graph below shows the average cumulative GPA for St. Bonaventure University student-athletes along with the number of those who earned spots on the Atlantic 10 Commissioner's Honor Roll for having semester GPAs of 3.50 or better each semester over the past five years:
Excellence in the Classroom
- St. Bonaventure student-athletes (as of the Fall 2018 semester) have produced a cumulative GPA of over 3.0 for 27 straight semesters – a run of 13 consecutive years.
- Fourteen St. Bonaventure teams produced a GPA of better than 3.0 during the Fall 2018 semester.
- The average student-athlete cumulative GPA for all St. Bonaventure student-athletes in Fall 2018 was 3.302.
- Seventy-four percent of St. Bonaventure's 343 student-athletes posted a semester GPA of over 3.0 while 62 percent were on the University Dean's List (3.25+) and 48 percent were above 3.5 during Fall 2018.
- A total of 134 student-athletes were named to the Atlantic 10 Commissioner’s Honor Roll in Spring 2017 after having a semester GPA of 3.50 or better. That number was better than the Atlantic 10 member average despite St. Bonaventure being the second smallest A-10 member by enrollment.
Graduation Success Rate
- St. Bonaventure University student-athletes have a graduation success rate of 91%.
- In all sponsored sports at St. Bonaventure, the success rate is higher than the national average.
- Six St. Bonaventure teams were honored by the NCAA for ranking in the top 10 percent nationally of their respective sports in Academic Progress Rate (APR) during the 2016-17 academic year – golf (3.559 team GPA), men's soccer (3.045), women's basketball (3.556), women's cross country (3.518), women's soccer (3.374) and women's tennis (3.108). Softball also earned recognition during the previous academic year (3.433).
- Women’s basketball ranked 18th in the nation in team GPA (3.527), the only Atlantic 10 program to rank in the national Top 25. St. Bonaventure women’s basketball has ranked in the national GPA Top 25 from the past three years and 10 times since 2002-03.
- Women’s swimming earned the top GPA in the Atlantic 10 for the sport and ranked 15th in all of Division I at 3.57 during the Fall 2016 semester.
Coaching and Association Awards
- Both men’s and women’s tennis earned recognition from the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) as All-Academic Teams for 2016-17, having team GPAs above 3.20.
- Men’s and women’s swimming diving were both honored by the College Swimming and Diving Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) as Scholar All-America Teams. It marked the sixth straight year Bonnies swimming has been honored in at least one semester. Men’s swimming had a cumulative GPA of 3.230.
- Women’s lacrosse was cited by the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) as one of the organization’s Honor Squads for the 2016-17 academic year with a cumulative GPA of 3.214.
News and Recent Accomplishments
- GENERAL: St. Bonaventure Graduating Student-Athletes Rake In Awards at Honors Ceremony
- MSWIM: Bonnies Rank in Top 20 of National GPA Ranks
- WSWIM: Bonnies Earn Scholar All-America Team Honors
- WSOC: St. Bonaventure Women's Soccer Honored With United Soccer Coaches Academic Award
- WXC: St. Bonaventure's Izydorczak Selected To Represent Atlantic 10 at NCAA Leadership Forum
- MSOC: St. Bonaventure Men's Soccer Receives United Soccer Coaches Academic Team Award