ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. – The St. Bonaventure women's swimming and diving team fell to Cleveland State, 137-106, in a dual meet Friday evening at the Reilly Center Pool.
"This was a great matchup for us against an excellent mid-major program," said head coach Brian Thomas. "I'm happy with a lot of the individual performances, another slew of in-season bests. Cleveland State won this meet with their underwaters, and that's an area we need to continue to develop."
Devon McFadden earned victories in two events, swimming a 2:09.14 in the 200-IM and a 58.08 in the 100-backstroke.
Brittany Hart claimed a first-place finish in the 1-meter dive, and second-place finish in the 3-meter dive.
The Bonnies will have a quick turnaround as they will host another dual meet Saturday morning against Colgate. Diving will begin at 9:00 a.m. with swimming kicking off at 11:00 a.m.
"We'll look to bounce back strong tomorrow against Colgate," Thomas said.
2. Devon McFadden, Maria Rocchi, Alyssa Levac, Rachel Taylor – 3:56.75
4. Erin Carmody, Emily Wulff, Emily Quinn, Ava Bianchi – 4:13.87
6. Taylor Hodges, Katherine Craig, Frances Erney, Brooke Morrisseau – 4:28.98
200-YARD FREESTYLE RELAY
2. Samantha Kuchinski, Maggie Woods, Bridget Jordan, Rachel Taylor – 1:40.10
4. Ava Bianchi, Katherine Craig, Brooke Morrisseau, Emily Quinn – 1:44.03
6. Taylor Hodges, Erin Carmody, Frances Erney, Emily Wulff – 1:50.72
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get women's swimming and diving updates @BonniesWSwim. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.