The St. Bonaventure University softball team will host the fourth place, four-time defending Atlantic 10 Champion Fordham Rams for a doubleheader Wednesday. The twin bill will serve as the final two games of a seven-game homestand at Joyce Field.
Wednesday's games will both be streamed live through GoBonniesTV and the Atlantic 10 Network. For information on how to subscribe, click here.
LAST TIME OUT
The Bonnies were swept by Saint Joseph's in an Atlantic 10 series at Joyce Field over the weekend. Josie Borysevicz made two starts in the circle in games one and three. Sam Wood also came through with a strong start in game two, tossing six frames surrendering just two runs and striking out three in game two.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH
- Hailey Blencowe continues to pace the Bona offense with a team-best .313 average. She has earned five hits in her last five games, including a two-run single on Saturday.
- As the Bonnies' leadoff hitter, Desiree Gonzalez has continued to get on base on a consistent basis. The senior has elevated her on-base percentage to .398, and she's stretched her hits to extra-base hits consistently. Of her 29 total hits, 14 have gone for extra bases, bringing her slugging percentage to a team-best .533.
- When it rains, it pours! The Bonnies have six players who have recorded five or more multi-hit games so far this season. Blencowe and Alissa Karjel lead the way with seven apiece, while Gonzalez has six of her own, and Morgan Phillips, Elizabeth Enovitch and Alexandra Piergustavo each have five.
- In addition to their multi-hit games, Piergustavo and Gonzalez have worked the most multi-RBI games. Of Piergustavo's eight total, she's had five games with three runs batted in. Gonzalez follows close behind with seven multi-RBI games.
- Freshman Sam Wood has pitched her best in Atlantic 10 games. In her three A-10 appearances, she has earned a 1.62 ERA, which is good for fifth best in conference games. Josie Borysevicz delivered 11 innings with nine strikeouts in two appearances in the series against Saint Joseph's.
ABOUT FORDHAM (32-12, 8-4)
- The four-time defending Atlantic 10 Champion Fordham Rams come into Joyce Field in fourth place in the conference.
- The Rams most recently had two of three games taken by UMass this past weekend on the road.
- Jessica Hughes paces the Rams with a .395 batting average, which is good for third-best in the conference. The Rams have a .299 batting average as a team, which is the third-best in the A-10. Six Rams have averages above .300.
- Fordham has the top defense in the conference with a .966 fielding percentage and just 41 total errors.
- The Rams' pitchers lead the Atlantic 10 with a 2.23 team ERA. Lauren Quense is the ace in the circle for Fordham. Her 143 innings pitched lead the team, and her 91 strikeouts are fifth most in the conference this season. She has worked a 15-7 record with 25 starts and 12 complete games.
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and softball updates at @BonniesSoftball. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.