2nd Place @BonniesWBB Travels To La Salle For Regular Season Finale
PHILADELPHIA – St. Bonaventure travels to La Salle on Saturday for its regular season finale and second matchup this season against the Explorers. The Bonnies won the first meeting 58-35 on Jan. 15 at the Reilly Center. The Bonnies enter the matchup with an 11-4 conference record and have secured second place in the Atlantic 10 regular season.
Date: Saturday, March 1, 2014
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Tom Gola Arena
La Salle Record: 13-14 | 8-7 A-10
Last Time Out
About The Bonnies
- St. Bonaventure currently ranks 62nd in the RPI. Its ending rank in 2012-13 was 218.
- SBU, who was predicted to finish ninth in the Atlantic 10 preseason coaches' poll, has defeated six out of the eight teams picked ahead of them this season and secured second place in the standings heading into the A-10 tournament.
- The Bonnies' 11 conference wins this season marks just the second time in program history the Bonnies have won 10 or more conference games. The other time was the 2011-12 season in which the team finished with a perfect 14-0 A-10 record in the regular season.
- The combined team records of the Bonnies' eight losses this season is 157-65 (.707) for an average record of 20-8. Among those eight losses, UConn is the unanimous no. 1 ranked team in the nation while NC State is currently ranked 13th.
- This season will mark the fifth time in six seasons the Bonnies have made the postseason, including three WNIT appearances and an NCAA Tournament berth in 2012 in which the team advanced to the Sweet Sixteen.
- Head coach Jim Crowley has earned 20+ wins as head coach at St. Bonaventure in five out of the last six seasons.
- SBU is the number two most improved field goal team in the nation this season, as it is shooting eight percent better from the field this season than it did last season.
- The Bonnies finished the regular season with a 12-1 record on home court, including a perfect 8-0 conference home record.- The Bonnies rank 20th in the country in 3-PT FG percentage (149-397; 37%) and 39th in Field Goal Percentage (44%).
- SBU's road record entering Saturday's contest vs. La Salle is 8-6 overall and 3-4 in the A-10.
- Bona currently has three players registering double figure averages in the scoring department in A-10 play:
-Katie Healy: 17.9 points per game
-Nyla Rueter: 13.5 points per game
-Chelsea Bowker: 10.3 points per game
-Hannah Little checks in with 9.9 points per game
- Healy has scored in double-figures in 16 consecutive games and has scored 15 or more points in 10 out of 15 conference games played.
- Emily Michael (32.8 minutes), Nyla Rueter (32.0) and Katie Healy (31.0) pace the Bonnies in minutes played per game this season.
- The Bonnies are shooting 46% from the field in A-10 games this season.
St. Bona Team Rankings in the A-10:
The Bonnies currently rank (in the top 5)...
- First in Field Goal Percentage- 324-705 (46%)
- First in 3-Point Field Goal Percentage- 81-204 (40%)
- First in Rebounding Defense- 32.7 average per game
- Third in Field Goal Percentage Defense - 317-850 (37%)
- Fourth in Defensive Rebound Percentage
(Team D-Reb. 394, Opp. O-Reb. 162- 71%)
- Fourth in 3-Point Field Goals Made- 5.4 average per game
- Fourth in Scoring Defense- 60.8 average per game
- Fourth in Blocked Shots- 3.1 average per game
- Fifth in Rebounding Margin- (+0.7)
- Third in Scoring (17.9 points per game)
- Fourth in Defensive Rebounds (5.9 per game)
- Seventh in Field Goal Percentage (95-191; 50%)
- 10th in Rebounding (7.2 per game)
- 10th in Blocked Shots (1.0 per game)
- First in 3-Point Field Goal Percentage (27-57; 47%)
- Third in Field Goal Percentage (69-127; 54%)
- Ninth in Free Throw PCT (38-47; 81%)
- T/ninth in 3-Point Field Goals Made (1.8 per game)
- T/15th in Scoring (13.5 points per game)
- Seventh in Rebounding (8.2 per game)
- Fifth in Defensive Rebounds (5.8 per game)
- T/10th in Offensive Rebounds (2.4 per game)
- 11th in Blocked Shots (0.9)
- T/seventh in Assist /Turnover Ratio (1.8 per game)
- T/ninth in Minutes Played (34.5 per game)
- First in 3-Point Field Goals Made (2.8 per game)
- Third in 3-Point Field Goal Percentage (42-103; 41%)
*Milestone watch for Bowker: Chelsea Bowker is currently 37 points away from reaching 1,000 career points.
- It was St. Bonaventure who snapped a four game La Salle winning streak and handed the Explorers their first conference loss back in mid-January. The Bonnies went on to rattle off seven straight wins of their own including the victory over La Salle.
St. Bonaventure stormed past La Salle at the Reilly Center in a relatively low scoring affair by the score of 58-35 on Jan. 15, 2014. The 35 points allowed by SBU was the lowest point total by an opponent this season. Katie Healy posted a career-high of 27 points en route to the commanding 23-point victory, the Bonnies' largest margin of victory this season.
- 24th Meeting | SBU Leads 13-10
- St. Bonaventure has won eight straight games over La Salle.