@BonniesWBB Looks to Bounce Back in Sunday Matchup at Colgate
HAMILTON, N.Y. - The St. Bonaventure women's basketball team will continue its two game road trip as the team squares off with Colgate on Sunday afternoon. Colgate is coming off of a 76-62 loss to Cornell in its regular season opener, also played on Friday evening. The Bonnies wil l look to get the split on the road this weekend, before returning home for three consecutive games.
Time: 2:00 p.m.
Location: Colgate University, Cotterell Court
Bonnies Game Notes
ABOUT THE BONNIES
- The Bonnies fell to NC State 70-47 on Friday night (11/8). The Wolfpack took a 16 point lead into halftime, and never looked back. NC State went on a 21-0 run and held the Bonnies scoreless for over 9 minutes. At that point, it was too late, although the Brown and White would score 26 points in the final 10 minutes.
- Redshirt freshman Gabby Richmond recorded the first 7 points of the game for SBU, ending the game with 18 points, 9 rebounds, and shot 8-9 from the line.
- Chelsea Bowker was perfect from the free throw line, shooting 6-6, finishing the game with 9 points.
- Hannah Little and Emily Michael combined for 10 rebounds.
- Went 10-21 last season, 3-11 in the Patriot League
- Missy Repoli and Carole Harris each had a team-high 12 points for Colgate in a loss to St. Bonaventure 54-45 (Nov.16, 2012).
- Stunned #1 seed Army 48-40 in the Patriot League Tournament quarterfinals, but lost to Holy Cross in the semifinals 59-38.
- Defended the three-point shot well last season, as their .265 three-point field goal percentage defense was best in the Patriot League.
- They return sophmore Josie Stockill, who is the top returning scorer with 6.7 points per game during her freshman year. She also led the team with 38 blocks (6th in the conference).
- Colgate also welcomes back their top rebounder, junior Kelly Reid. She led the team with a total of 146 rebounds (5.2 per game), which was 13th best in the conference.
- The Raiders return 11 players from its 2012-13 roster while losing three.
- Defeated St. Lawrence 82-39 in their exhibition game on 11/1/13. Junior Missy Repoli had a game-high 19 points. The Raiders, who trailed by 20 points at the half, lost to Cornell in their regular season opener, 76-62 on 11/8/13. Paige Kriftcher had a team-high 13 points, followed closely by Lauryn Kobiela with 12. Kelly Reid recorded 9 rebounds in the loss
The Bonnies came out on top by the score of 54-45 in last year's meeting at the Reilly Center on Nov. 16, 2012. The Brown and White led by as many as 22 points, however, with under 8 minutes remaining in the contest, Colgate cut the lead in half. The raiders cut the Bonnies lead to single digits (9) with under a minute to go, but that's as close as they would get.