Final Score: St. Bonaventure 6, Loyola 1
Location: Baltimore, M.D.
Records: St. Bonaventure 4-13 | Loyola
The Short Story:
The St. Bonaventure men's tennis team swept the competition in both singles and doubles on Sunday (March 23). Loyola left with only one singles win. Elliot Fanshel, Eduardo Irizarry, Ramazan Nureev, Javier Ortiz and Celso de Vera Rehberger snatched up the victorious singles spot. This marks the second win for the Bonnies after their 4-3 win over Roberts Wesleyan last Saturday (March 15).
1. Fanshel/Nureev (SBU) def. Kunkel/Lisco, 8-5
2. Irizarry/Ortiz (SBU) def. Olesnycky/Kuchta, 8-5
3. Haskell/DeSanto (SBU) def. Pietrak/Castro, 8-1
1. Fanshel (SBU) def. Pietrak, 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
2. Irizarry (SBU) def. Kunkel, 6-1, 4-6, 6-1
3. Nureev (SBU) def. Lisco, 6-3, 7-5
4. Ortiz (SBU) def. Olesnycky, 6-3, 6-2
5. De Vera Rehberger (SBU) def. Kuchta, 6-4, 7-6
6. Castro (Loyola) def. DeSanto, 6-0, 6-1
The Bonnies are scheduled to take on the La Salle Explorers on Saturday, April 5. First serve is set for 10 a.m. at the St. Bonaventure indoor facilities.